1) I tend to wear the same pieces over and over and over again
2) I've put on quite a bit of weight in the last 18 months and I'm not entirely comfortable in my body
3) These days, most of my clothing comes from one of two places: Target or Old Navy. I'm boring/cheap/lazy like that
3) The husband hates taking photos.Taking them, being in them, looking at them...
4) I'm super awkward in photos
But late last year, I bought a custom made skirt from Alex (Typical 90s Child) and it just about demanded to have its photo taken. And well, the weather was lovely today (for February in Utah) so I slapped on some makeup, washed & trimmed my bangs, teased the crap out of my hair, stumbled out of my pajamas, and forced the husband to take a handful of photos.
skirt - Louise Amabilis // cardigan, top, & shoes - target // necklace - grimmricksen
It isn't a stretch for me to say that this skirt is quite possibly the nicest piece of clothing I own. Seriously. Alex made it to fit my measurements, the exact length I requested, and from the micro dot cotton fabric I picked out. It's fully lined with an invisible zipper in the back and an adorable (but subtle) bow in the front.
I can dress it up, dress it down, wear it with flats or heels, with tights or without, with a simple black top or with bright colors... and every time I wear it out, I get compliments on it. Every.single.time.
Honestly, if I had the money, I'd commission Alex to make me one in every color under the rainbow.