Monday, January 6, 2014

Happiness v3

- The Body Love Conference is quickly approaching and oh how I wish I could be in Tuscon to meet, mingle, and learn from all of the lovely ladies that are sure to be in attendance! And yes, Jes, (The Militant Baker) really as amazing and inspiring as she seems!

- Ok Marshmallows, whose coming with me in March?


- Bilbo Baggins is a girl: "More insidiously, children’s books with female protagonists sometimes celebrate their heroine to a fault. Isn’t it amazing that a girl did these things, they seem to say—implying that these heroines are a freakish exception to their gender, not an inspiration for readers to follow." 

- Farewell to Matt Smith. The tears, oh the tears! By the time "Raggedy man, goodnight" rolled around, I was full on ugly crying. So, you know, a typical Christmas night.

- I just rewatched "She's All That" for the first time in years and it brought back a lot of early high school memories. Fun fact: it was one of the first few dvds I ever owned, along with The Faculty & Can't Hardly Wait. Oh how I loved you 1999.
 

- - - - - - - - - -

And I know Christmas is over, but these two articles were so good, I actually had to read them aloud to other people:

- The 2013 Hater's Guide To The Williams-Sonoma Catalog - I need this man to be my best friend. Wait, no, my personal ghost writer. I don't want my friends being that much funnier than me

- My Kid's Insane Christmas Wish List -"You could turn it into a separate moon any time you like and then the Earth would be fucking DESTROYED by the additional gravitation. You cannot be trusted with this at age 7."

4 comments:

  1. I have been putting off watching the farewell episode of Doctor Who to Matt Smith. I know I will end up a sobbing mess on the couch when I do watch it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. My friend was telling me about the Body Love Conference in April. Hopefully we'll be able to go as we reside in Tucson.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh my gosh I just about died reading that Hater's guide to WS Catalog! Totally true, and how I feel each and every time I receive it.
    Trish

    ReplyDelete