Saturday, January 18, 2014

Reading List - Autobiographies

Reading List - Autobiography

I've been majorly slacking when it comes to reading the last few months, but I'm trying to change that. My first book of 2014 with Gone Girl, finally. I was a little late to the game with that one, eh? Now I've moved on to two different autobiographies (one hardcover & one ebook because a girl should always have ready access to a book): Living History and Paddle Your Own Canoe. One a little more serious than the other, which is always a nice balance.

Fingers crossed that I can stick with it. I need to cut a little more time from my computer habit and spend more time reading the many many many books stacked up in my bookcase and filling up my phone.



What are you reading right now? Do you have any reading goals for the year?


1. Kitchen Confidential by Anthony Bourdain
4. Living History by Hillary Rodham Clinton
6. Life by Keith Richards
7. Paddle Your Own Canoe by Nick Offerman

8 comments:

  1. Oh yeah.. I have a list A long list. This is my list: http://in-my-backyard.net/2013/the-book-nook/.
    I have just finished the book I have been reading forever that I started last year.... So I can now start on the above list.. Oscar the Bionic Cat is the first cab off the rank.

    I love autobiographies, but don't have any in my list, so must remedy that. The Steve Martin one looks interesting, might check it out.

    I too need to step away from computer....

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's hard to step away from the computer when there is just so much information available right at your fingertips! But yes, I need to actively try and unplug more often this year.

      Delete
  2. I'm going to try to keep up with the book list from "A Beautiful Mess," but I hated the first book that was chosen, so I've moved on. I love memoirs, though, and I've read Mindy Kaling's book and Anthony Bourdain's as well. Kitchen Confidential is hilarious and offensive and everything Tony Bourdain is. I loved it. Good luck!

    The Rambling Fangirl

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ooh good to know -- I love Anthony Bourdain, so I've had this one on my list for a few years now.

      Delete
  3. I'll definitely have to check these out. I love autobiographies!

    <3
    Harlynn
    www.mindyourmadness.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I haven't actually read any of these yet, so I can't speak to their quality, but if you do decide to read any of them, come back and let me know what you think!

      Delete
  4. ha! I had no idea Nick Offerman had a biography. I'm definitely going to check that out. How was Gone Girl? I've been wanting to read that one........
    I'm reading The Interestings right now, it's pretty meh. I need a new one!
    Trish

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I sort of ruined Gone Girl for myself because I couldn't stand not knowing what the hell was really going on... so I googled it. It was still good though & worth the read.

      So far the Nick Offerman book is quite good -- nothing fancy, but amusing as you would expect.

      Delete